From the moment the first settlers settled there, in the middle of the 17th century, this territory is known by many names, including La Petite Montagne, Notre-Dame-de-Grace and Côte-Saint-Antoine. In 1699, first settlers lived on a farm, the Hurtubise House3.
In 1873, when the village nucleus was formed south of the sector, the Saint-Antoine coast was incorporated under the name of village of the Saint-Antoine coast.
The choice of Westmount, which began in 1895, reflects the location of the city, on the southwest flank of Mount Royal, and the presence of a large Protestant Anglophone population, often of Scottish origin. .